We had a great time last Saturday at Thunderhill Raceway with NCRC. We brought out our street prepped 2012 BMW M3 E92 DCT ZCP and the car performed absolutely flawless. Lots of people have been asking us for specs on the car and it’s numbers so we decided to create a post with all of the info.
NCRC was running the Bypass configuration at Thunderhill. It’s a bit faster than the Cyclone but just as fun. Our car did a 2.05.09 lap time and hit a top speed of 128.7 MPH going down the straight into Turn 1. Some of the Porsche GT3s were hitting about 131 mph so we were pretty happy considering they were entering the turns just a bit faster than us. Many other cars were on race tires while we were on street tires.
Redline360 BMW M3 E92 Power Setup
– Full weight 2012 BMW M3
– Stock DCT Transmission
– Stock S65 engine (4.0L V8)
– aFe Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry Filter in the stock air box – 8whp gain
– Corsa Exhaust – We got a ton of compliments on this!
– ESS X Pipe
– ESS Stage 2 Tune
– ESS DCT Software
Redline360 BMW M3 E92 Suspension Setup
– BC Racing ER Type Coilovers with custom rate Swift Springs and revalved shocks – See below
– StopTech ST60 380mm Front Brakes (6 Piston) with Street Pads
– StopTech ST40 355mm Rear Brakes (4 Piston) with Street Pads
– APEX EC7 Face 3 Wheels 18×10 ET25 Square Setup
– Michelin Pilot Super Sport (PSS) 275/35/18 all around
– 2.7 degree front camber, 2.2 degree rear camber, 0 toe
Redline360 BMW M3 E92 Datalogging Setup
– iCar ODB2 WiFi reader
– Harry’s LapTimer
– iPhone 6 Plus
Redline360 BMW M3 E92 Video Setup
– WASPcam 9900 – with WiFi Controller and External Mount
Our Suspension Setup Rocked!
We worked closely with BC Racing to ensure we picked their best suspension setup for a street driven E92 M3 that could also tear up the track. We ended up with our favorite combo yet, and it’s available for sale here.
– BC Racing ER Type Coilovers. We picked these because they were both rebound and compression adjustable so we can fine tune it. These are the ER Type which means they come with an external reservoir for the shock fluid. This helps keep the fluid cool under extreme track conditions.
– Swift Spring Upgrade. We went with the Swift springs because of their proven characteristics. We also did custom rates of 504 lb front springs and 784 lb rear springs. According to our research this is the same spring rates used in the European E92 BMW M3 GTS.
– Revalved Front Shocks. We had BC Racing revalve the front shocks to be reliable with the added front spring rate.
– Our recommended settings. We ran it with 25 compression front and rear (5 clicks from full hard), and 20 rebound front and rear (10 clicks from full hard).
The result is an awesome suspension setup that had tons of grip even with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports which are a high treadwear street tire. We were able to click off faster lap times than many full race cars! We plan on running AD08 tires next time to see if we can get into the sub 2.00s!
We sell everything we race with. We don’t recommend it unless if we’ve tried it ourselves. Let us know if you need any advice on your E92 M3.